ADRI collaborates in the development of practical strategies to enable the creation, preservation and access to born-digital and digitised records. Upon completion of the project, the outcomes are released to all members. Following is a list of all completed products to date. For further information on any of the products, click on the product title.
- Aconex Recordkeeping Enhancement Project
- Digital records competencies for staff in government agencies
- Information Management Requirements for Software-as-a-Service
- Making and managing digital records
- Information Management Requirements for Software-as-a-service
- Keeping digital records in agencies and in archives and records authorities
- Transferring digital records to archives and records authorities
- Using digital records and archives
Aconex Recordkeeping Enhancement Project
Project Manager: Martin Fordham (SRO WA)
Aconex, a project management and collaboration software system, is used extensively throughout Australia and other jurisdictions.
This project aimed to review and assess the project management software to establish the essential records management components which need to be incorporated within the software for better management and capture of strategic project information during the life of each project and beyond.
Digital records competencies for staff in government agencies
Project manager: Linda Zakman (NAA)
The object of the project was to contribute to create a broadly applicable Capability Matrix for digital information and records management (IRM) that can be used by individuals and organisations to identify the skills and knowledge needed to flourish in the digital age as professional information and records managers.
The project aimed to review and test the work of the NAA’s Capability Matrix v.2 for application in a broader context and build on the matrix to create a tool that can be used by other jurisdictions and levels of government/authority.
Project discontinued: In August 2018 the project team agreed to discontinue this project as members were not able to commit adequate resources to deliver on the Project Charter milestones.
Information Management Requirements for Software-as-a-Service
The use of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products has many advantages for government organisations. however, government organisations are at a significant risk of breaching legal and practical information management obligations unless IM requirements are addressed during the procurement of these systems. CAARA’s Information Management Requirements for Software-as-a-Service guidance assists organisations in managing this risk, ensuring continued access to information.
Making and managing digital records
- Advice on managing the recordkeeping risks associated with cloud computing
- Archival staff training workshops in digital recordkeeping
- Core Recordkeeping Functions Profile: Single Function Business Application
- Managing Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Records
- Principles and Functional Requirements in Electronic Office Environments
- Statement on the Application of Digital Rights Management Technology to Public Records
- Supporting Software as a service for recordkeeping (13 Oct 17)
Keeping digital records in agencies and in archives and records authorities
- Criteria for Selecting Long Term Preservation Formats (21 Nov 16)
- Model Plan for an Archival Authority Implementing Digital Recordkeeping and Archiving
Sustainable Digital File Formats for Creating and Using Records
The guidance is designed to assist government organisations in managing the risk of technology obsolescence. The guidance recommends a suite of formats, most of which are already in widespread use. The guidance also includes a set of characteristics that sustainable formats share so that, where the recommended formats aren’t suitable, government organisations can use these characteristics to identify the best possible sustainable format for their needs.
Transferring digital records to archives and records authorities
- ADRI Glossary of Disposal Triggers
- ADRI Digital Record Exchange Specification
- Digital Record Export standard
- Online Retention and Disposal Application (ORDA)
Using digital records and archives
- Recordkeeping and Social Media Statement (Nov 2017)
- Employee Exchange/Secondments (Feb 2017)