The Council of Australasian Archives and Records Authorities (CAARA) comprises the heads of the government archives authorities of the Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and each of the Australian States and Territories.
CAARA is a peak body of government archives and records institutions in Australia and New Zealand.
The aims of CAARA are to improve the practice of government archives and records management by:
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Collaboration across jurisdictions
- Identifying and responding to emerging issues impacting on government archives and records management
- Building the reputation of CAARA as the peak body for government archives and records management
- Being an advocate for government archives and records management.
Matters that have been considered by CAARA have included issues such as the management of records following the transfer of functions between governments, and between governments and the private sector; principles for the disposal and access to ministerial records; the ongoing review of copyright legislation; and the state of archives in Australia.
2023 Meeting Schedule
- 10 March 2023
- 22 June 2023
- 4 September 2023